radishes!

Hello,

I am growing some radishes (for the first time!) but I am not sure if they have all gone a bit wrong. I am growing them in pots and they are in the garden in sun.

However, they seem to be pushing themselves out of the soil... it's like they are trying to escape?? So I assumed they are too close together and pulled some out, I thought they would be fine to eat but when I cut one of them open it wasn't solid inside (I'm not sure how else to describe it). Then I got a bit worried and through the ones I'd pulled out in the bin.

Should I just throw the rest away or can someone help me rescue them?!

Thanks very much!

Reply to
queen eleanor

g'day eleanor,

radishes can push up a bit, so no worries thee they may need th snipped

Reply to
gardenlen

What is the texture of the radishes like? Do they go "crunch", or are they pithy and tough? If the latter, they are "post" ripe, but you could keep them, and harvest the seed pods for use in salads, or since they grow so fast, just replant.

Reply to
Billy

I'm not too sure of the texture. I might just try and grow some more.

Thanks for your help!

Reply to
queen eleanor