radishes!

Hello,
I am growing some radishes (for the first time!) but I am not sure if they have all gone a bit wrong. I am growing them in pots and they are in the garden in sun.
However, they seem to be pushing themselves out of the soil... it's like they are trying to escape?? So I assumed they are too close together and pulled some out, I thought they would be fine to eat but when I cut one of them open it wasn't solid inside (I'm not sure how else to describe it). Then I got a bit worried and through the ones I'd pulled out in the bin.
Should I just throw the rest away or can someone help me rescue them?!
Thanks very much!
--
queen eleanor

g'day eleanor,
radishes can push up a bit, so no worries thee they may need thinning which probably should have occured earlier, all i would do is pull the biggest ones and eat them maybe put a bit of medium in to fill the spaces, and go from there, or you can choose to pull the smallest ones and eat them no need for any to go into the bin.
On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 09:48:02 +0000, queen eleanor
snipped
--
Matthew 25:13 KJV
"Watch therefore, for ye know neither

What is the texture of the radishes like? Do they go "crunch", or are they pithy and tough? If the latter, they are "post" ripe, but you could keep them, and harvest the seed pods for use in salads, or since they grow so fast, just replant.
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True
I'm not too sure of the texture. I might just try and grow some more.
Thanks for your help!
--
queen eleanor