radishes ready ?

How can i tell when my radishes are ready to pull. I only have about

dozen in a tub so can't afford to get it wrong. They have shot up an have a load of big green leaves at the moment.

Thank

-- terryd

Reply to
terryd

There's always a bit of a gamble with crops below ground, particularly radishes which have a habit of making a convincing plant but an unconvincing root.

Gently push some of the soil away from where the plant meets the soil, and you should be able to see if it's a thickish root, and if the shoulder of it looks broad enough, pull it. Do you know what variety they are, and when they were sown?

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

lemme get this right, you grew 12 radishes?

Plant more seeds then you can mush the soil around to see the root buld as it develops. Also, when you grow say, one row of radishes it's easy to see them develop and know when to pick. regards,

Reply to
mr p.