Tomato Leaf rust spots, Alternaria ?

I think I (my plants) have a case of Alternaria

But my spots are more rounded. So it may be Grey Leaf spot. I'm not sure. New growth looks good, but the old (2weeks) is affected. Anyway, what is a good fungicide? I'm trying the Copper based Ortho fungicide for starters. I'm in Zone 6, and its been cool & rainy lately.

Any other recommendations?

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

if you have good new leaves/growth take off the affected older leaves ASAP. no need to leave a source of fungus spores hanging around.

skip the fungicide. good air flow and some sunshine should give the plant enough energy to outgrow this kind of trouble.

if you are growing a susceptible variety you might want to change your selection next season or even replant (i think it's just early enough for your zone) if you really feel like you have to. (i wouldn't as i think the plants can come back from this sort of trouble)

good luck, :)

songbird

Reply to
songbird