Moon Star Watermelon

Does anyone know how large these should grow before being harvested. I have one that is about the size of a bowling ball right now. Thanks. :)
I had one go fifty-four pounds last year. All the others were big too. They were beauties but not as tasty as a crimson sweet or seedless. When the little tendrils close to where the stem attaches to the melon dries up they're ripe.
I'm talking about "Moon and Stars" a so called Amish heirloom variety. I saw a pack of some seeds in a health food store that were also called "Moon and Stars". The pack said they were ten pound melons, definitely not what I had.
On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 11:22:04 -0700, "Lisa J Gehl"

Thank you both for the info. :) I'll keep an eye out on them and perhaps check them with a scale. hehe :)
wrote:<BR><BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Does anyone know how large these should grow before being harvested. I have one that is about the size of a bowling ball right now. Thanks. :)<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Thanks for the info Dwayne, I didn't know there was more than one kind of Moon and Stars. Knowing the person I got them from, mine will be HUGE. LOL :)
--
wrote:<BR><BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Does anyone know how large these should grow before being harvested. I have one that is about the size of a bowling ball right now. Thanks. :)<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=