Ground Beef Recall Expanded

Page 14 of 14
snipped-for-privacy@sakadawa.org writes: [snip]

[snip]
Point of interest: We are no allowed to have "farm animals" by city code but are allowed to have hens (not roosters or pea fowl).
I am curious. How can a Macaw be "poop trained?" As I recall from Northwest Birds class, one of the many and actually incredible adaptations of birds for them to be lighter so they fly is the "reduction" in the intestinal tract which leaves them with no control of their body waste meaning they cannot be housebroken. With that bit of information, it was a bit easier to be not quite so critical of our feathered friends.
But back to the question, how does one house-break a creature that cannot control when/where it happens?
Glenna