Ground Beef Recall Expanded

In his 60's (looks a lot younger except the eyes), and a very, very avid long distance backpacker.

Reply to
doofy

Yes you did miss the point. But that's OK, the rest of us figured out that Jangchub was responding to a post about e-coli being in cattle guts.

I'm guessing that a freezing cow wallowing in

So, we have a post about e-coli in cattle guts, a response about cattle wallowing in manure and somehow you translate that to sad, cold and unhappy cows! Sheesh!

I'm sure even a school kid could figure out that cattle will poop all year round so cold weather if irrelevant. And, as a cattle breeder, I can tell you that cattle will quite happily poop while they lie down and don't seem to bother if they then shift possition and end up wiht it smeared all over themselves. I've even seen a cow have her head shat on by another cown and she didn't even bother moving and she was under no restiction to move if she had so desired.

You are obviously not reading the same thread as I am. The lengthy thread I'm reading has spent more time trying to find out how vegans get B12.

Please don't

The only time any vegetarian has ever made sense to me was when they have stated that they don't eat meat because they don't like the taste of meat. The instant they get off into ethics or philosophy, they start being illogical and then go from bad to worse.

Reply to
FarmI

Well you may not be in imminent danger of dying, but we are all dying. Even Billy has the same condition as the rest of us and we will all die from a sexually transmitted terminal condition.

Reply to
FarmI

Billy expounded:

You are such a nice guy.

Reply to
Ann

That's interesting. Both times I've started to do more soy as a protein source, I've encountered some strange changes in my health.

Hope I don't have to give it up totally. I really love steamed edamame.

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

They don't bother me but I eat them occasionally, not on a regular basis. I like them, too!

Reply to
Ann

Yes, her body already tells her soy is not good for her system. She is working with an endocrinologist and is also going to see an MD who uses holistic methods with conventional medicine.

Reply to
Jangchub

Huh? Yeah, we are all going to die. Sexually transmitted disease?

Reply to
Jangchub

Just ignore him Ann. I do.

Reply to
Jangchub

Think about it. Were you created in a test tube?

Reply to
FarmI

"Vitamin B12, whether in supplements, fortified foods, or animal products, comes from micro-organisms."

The original link pointed to Iranian vegans who get their B-12 from eating unwashed vegetables fertilized with humanure.....

"The human body stores several years worth of vitamin B12, so nutritional deficiency of this vitamin is extremely rare."

"Neither plants nor animals make vitamin B12. Bacteria are responsible for producing vitamin B12." "One brand of nutritional yeast, Red Star T-6635+, has been tested and shown to contain active vitamin B12."

Soylent Vitamin B-12 is bacteria poop!

I stopped eating meat because I didn't like the taste and texture, and it made me feel ill trying to digest it (pot roast Sundays in my college co-op, specifically). I am ovo-lacto, however. The ethics and philosophy became important collateral health and ecology issues after the fact. Personally, developing agriculture made us a pest species on the planet, whether vegetarian or meat-eaters. We never should have developed past the nomadic hunter-gatherer stage. Except for ice cream......

Reply to
cat daddy

Reply to
dr-solo

Reply to
dr-solo

grinding my own hamburger I can also add stuff like bacon and garlic and even butter. makes MUCH better hamburger.

the issue with veggies is that fields with cattle is next to veggies and the wild pigs run thru both. some farmers put up nets to keep the pigs out of their fields >One way to help with the ground meat problem is to simply grind your own

Reply to
dr-solo

Such is life. ;-)

Reply to
Omelet

I have trouble keeping my T4 in normal range, even with meds. I'd love to have a higher thyroid level!

As long as it's not causing "bug eyes" and tachycardia......

Good luck with your appointment. Just remember tho', if they kill your thyroids with radioactive Iodine, you will have the reverse problem and be fighting the complications of HYPOthyroidism for the rest of your life, and have to supplement thyroid hormone.

Tread carefully and consider all the aspects before accepting treatment.

Reply to
Omelet

It is fun to raise your own. Truly. ;-)

1/2 dozen hens would probably supply you with all you needed and if you had no rooster, the eggs laid would be sterile, so you'd not be killing.

A lot of egg artists demand infertile eggs for their artwork for that very reason.

With your liver problems, that's a different issue... I hope you can work it out somehow. 35 years is a long time!

Reply to
Omelet

Some docs are learning. ;-)

Did you take a look at the mushroom website?

They sell some starter kits for some of those at a very reasonable price. As soon as I can set aside some space for some where I can control the temp better (it's too hot here to even attempt to grow them outdoors), I want to try some of his indoor patches. Oyster at the very least.

I love the idea of growing cellulose consumers. The ultimate in recycling! And mushrooms have some interesting chemistry, nutrition and flavor.

Reply to
Omelet

Vegetarian sushi. ;-d

Love those Nori rolls. I need to get some new bamboo mats and make it more often.

Reply to
Omelet

Regulating hormones is a bear.

Has she looked at DHEA?