Ground Beef Recall Expanded

Jangchub wrote: >>How are your vitamin B-12 levels?

What sources?

Reply to
doofy

None of those foods listed for B12 on that site are natural foods, so, B12 is not naturally contained in any vegetable sources. Yeast, yes. Other fungi, not sure.

Vitamins are fine. I tried some B12 tabs one time, but they kept giving me the runs.

Reply to
doofy

Om, I agree that radiation will kill bacteria but salmonella and e. coli = shit. I really don't want to irritate you but how much shit should we be expected to eat? 1 microgram/kilo, 1 milligram/kilo, 1 gram/kilo, more? This phony "war on terror" is supposed to make us safer, and we are going to introduce more dirty bomb material into the social arena while we are pissing off (re:oppressing) the developing world?

We can live healthier lives with less meat and eating less shit is just a benefit. If people want to eat GMOs and eat irradiated meat, that is fine by me but they need to be identified so that people like me don't eat them by accident. A free market only works with when buyer and seller understand the transaction. At present, GMOs aren't identified.

Reply to
Billy

From my own biased opinion, this person (Jangchub) is a waste of time. For over a year she has been dying from or suffering from innumerable illnesses. Her whole point in being seems to be to attract attention and sympathy. 'Nuff said.

Reply to
Billy

It's not as cut and dried as you are making out. Transmission during slaughter is not an automatic thing which is what you seem to be suggesting.

Reply to
FarmI

So? My vegetable garden is fed with animal faeces and dried blood and ground up bone I still eat the product that grows there.

The meat industry is

Since it is apparent that at least some vegetarians are prone to making illogical and hysterical statements, I've decided that I'll remain a meat eater.

Reply to
FarmI

Eggs, dairy, soy, vitamn pill.

Reply to
Jangchub

Because you got the runs doesn't mean everyone gets the runs. I take a very high quality multi vitamin.

Reply to
Jangchub

I've been posting ot this newsgroup since 1995 and I am not dying, I have hepatitis c which is causing me to have cirrhosis which will require a transplant eventually if we can't get the virus under control. Because YOU are relatively new around here doesn't mean I'm new. Hardly the case. What else do you perceive I'm dying from? What are these inumerable illnesses?

Reply to
Jangchub

Soy does not have B12. Your article said "fortified soy". It is artificially added there.

Eggs and dairy are not part of a vegan diet, and I'm unsure whether they contain B12.

Reply to
doofy

Did I say that?

Reply to
doofy

Billy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@c-61-68-245-199.per.conne ct.net.au:

i'd guess less. the reason the US has more instances of e.coli contaminated meat is because they push the slaughter lines so fast. US lines run almost twice as fast as lines in Europe are allowed. if the packers were allowed to "cold pasturize" the meat, they'd push the lines even faster. the faster those poor, underpaid workers have to go, the more mistakes, from live cattle on the line, to knife slips, to contamination.

i take it you don't eat any rice grown in America then? there was an 'oopsie' with the GM test rice... it has crosspolinated with other rices & all rice in the US now has GM genetics... which is why the USDA passed a rule allowing GM rice. it's all there is here now, unless you seek out imported rice. lee

Reply to
enigma

Jangchub wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

but not for *food*. for ethanol. because people, especially in the US don't want to give up their gas guzzling SUVS & use public transportation. the DOT and the major cities need to completely ban private automobiles, and spend much more on light rail & other public transport. the only way to get people to stop wasting fuel on single occupant vehicles is to ban their use. i live an hour & a half drive from Boston, but 20 minutes from a train/bus station. i'd *really* rather take a train or bus in than drive, but the schedules suck (in the early 90s there was a bus to/from Boston to Manchester NH hourly. now it runs once/day). lee

Reply to
enigma

According to a web search, dairy does have B12. Now, are they lumping eggs into the dairy category, like many do? I don't know.

Reply to
doofy

Probably just because of where eggs are found in most grocery stores: The dairy department, or close to it.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yes, if you read my post stream I clearly said enriched when making reference to foods. I am not vegan, but the only thing I continue to do which would make me NOT a vegan would be dairy and eggs. I am weaning off them. Cows never eat a piece of meat and they become the meat we eat to get what? Grass and corn (which cattle don 't eat in nature) turn into red meat. I don't think any meat humans eat are anything other than herbivores. Go figure.

Reply to
Jangchub

Actually, I originally said "lacto/ovo" which is the term. I know many vegetarians who do not eat eggs because they are considered black foods for certain spiritual paths.

Reply to
Jangchub

I use Solgar and "Now" brand a lot.

I'm wondering tho' where the B-12 is coming from?

If it is animal in source...

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I really am curious how you solve the dilemma. Meat is getting to be too expensive, but for the first time in my life I am NOT anemic! My Dr.s tell me it's due to my change in diet in eating low carb and including meat in every meal.

My grocery bills are cheaper if I eat more fresh produce. I just have to make sure that said produce is low in starch and sugar. (Not difficult if one knows about the nutritional content of various types of veggies).

Pasta and grain are out. Period. So is most fruit.

See the problem?

Reply to
Omelet

origin.

And FORTIFIED veggie products.

Where is the B-12 coming from? If it is being fortified from an animal source, one may as well continue being lacto-ova.

One can raise their own chickens free range, and just not have a rooster. Sterile eggs are not killing anything.

The myth that eating cholesterol laden foods raises serum cholesterol was proven to be untrue a long, long time ago.

Unfortunately, many sources are still hanging on to that.

Reply to
Omelet

That is why I mentioned Brewers Yeast.

As far as I've been able to find, it is the ONLY unfortified plant source of that very vital vitamin.

As for B12 supplements giving you the runs? There are sometimes other things in supplements. ;-) Might want to try another brand before discounting it.

Solgar VM-75 is high in B-complex and is an excellent supplement brand to consider.

Reply to
Omelet