Ceramic tap valves

I purchased a sink mixer tap with 1/4 turn ceramic valves in March 2007 and the valve on the hot side has failed for the third time. Is there an inherent problem with these valves? I've checked the temperature of the hot water and it is well below the max recommended TIA
Will
"Will" wrote:

They should last for years. The only problem I have come across is where someone insists on being heavy handed in turning the tap off due to an obsession about not having a dripping tap. My mother-in-law has this problem. This wears away the stop, which is usually only made of brass, allowing the cartridge to turn past its normal stopping point, causing the unit to leak.

We fitted ours 14 years ago for the kitchen tap and it has worked well in daily use.
Gio