Burglar alarm PIR troubleshooting

Hi,
I'm new here so hope I am asking in the correct way.
I have just installed a wired burglar alarm at home. The alarm seems to work fine and I have a magnetic switch on the front door that operates correctly.
I have also two PIR's in the house. I have activated the zones in the control panel and say for example when i do the 'walk test' the alarms register and appear to work. However when I set the alarm the PIR's fail to set off an alarm when tripped.
Any ideas what this could be? I am completely stumped that the sensors work fine in one situation but when actually activated they do nothing?!
I should add when I put the alarms register I meant the PIR's**

That is what I thought as well, a make and model number for the alarm and what zones are attached to what PIRs may find the answer.
Adam
The zones have been activated, it's an Accenta Optima mini G3.
Thanks for the posts so far. I have tried to call tech support but it appears they leave the phone permanantly off the hook.
Hi. It's ADE's policy only to give tech' advice to registered installers who have a tech'support number.
However the G3 series (if I recall) has a 3 tier programming structure so you will have to set up the zones manually . The engineers manual gives instructions but leaves a lot to be desired for the novice.
Another thing that can sometimes happen is the panel fails to initialise when first powered up especially if the battery is not connected. A simple factory default reboot will fix this and may solve all your problems. (see engineers booklet )
HTH if not repost and i'll dig out the service manuals
CJ
Thanks all sorted now!!

I have found the panel manufacturers tend to have good tech support for issues like this. May be worth a call.
Phil