superglue removal

I can't get off a trail of superglue on my worktop and don't want to damage the surface. How do I do this please?

damage
I've had luck with rubbing alcohol.
Vox Humana wrote:

Super-type glues dissolve (slowly) in water. Try keeping a damp towel on it for a few days.

Try warm soapy water left for a while and repeat often.
--
DrClean
www.DrClean.co.uk

Thanks to you all - I'll give them a try.
Use acetone