Bathtub Tile Cleaning?

I've used bleach comet against my best intentions with very good results, but have been told it's too abrasive to use for this kind of application.

Any suggestions on whether or not it IS too abrasive, and/or any alternatives? The tiles are dirty with (basically) soap-scum type of dirt. The comet seems to readily restore the light blue color ridding us of the brownish caking, and doesn't seem to scratch at all...but perhaps it is.

Any/all advice much appreciated, thanks.

Thanks.

Reply to
builderbos

Phisherman

Thank you, I will keep this method in mind.

I've been told to avoid the nyl> There are non-abrasive cleaners available. I like to use a

one-piece

ridding

Reply to
builderbos

Not much, short of sandblasting will be too abrasive on ceramic tile. The best way to rid yourself of soap scum is to rid yourself of soap. Try some "body wash" or other non-soap cleanser. Try using "clean shower" daily (now from Arm and Hammer) After you chip all the old soap scum off, your shower will always look as if it has been cleaned about two days ago.

Reply to
win-ho-lee

one-piece

Interesting on the non-soap cleanser, I'll look into that.

Thanks on the rest too; I really hate using comet, but it's at a point where it's the most effective thing I can find, with elbow grease.

Reply to
builderbos