The Battle of the groups

Page 3 of 4

wrote in message

Your stupid comments are getting even worse. You cannot get rid of census data by being nasty and stupid, but you try every time.

My comments are not on the census data, but on _you_ and your debating tactics. Since you haven't cited any actual census numbers, there is no reason to comment on census data itself or even to form an opinion on whether those data are right or wrong.

It started with census averages, but you cut all that out so you could flame away and say nothing.

I'd say it was more like a nice hot water bottle. :-)

More nonsense.

I know you are, but what am I?
Amy Blankenship wrote:

lol... Depends how and where it lands I guess. ;)

How did he get to be such an authority then?
wrote in message

The census data are facts, not questions.
wrote in message

But they may also be horses in disguise. Run, run, run!!!!
wrote in message

People don't ride horses to work these days, but how would you know that?
wrote in message

They're gaining. Eww...horse breath on your neck!

Sure sign of a troll is a shifting profile to evade the black hole of the killfile. <plonk again>
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

I wonder if there's a computer game based on this phenomenon.

Most people do other things while they commute like listening to news, talk radio, music, use the cell phone, event surf the web.
Most of it is not work related but just time filling to keep from getting too bored.
Commute time measured by the census is strictly the travel time to and from work. As we progress to cars that can largely drive themselves and have wideband Internet connections, there may be a lot more people that are actually working during their commute in a way that a company will accept as real work instead of just filling time.
Working on the way to work is probably a poor substitute for the interactions of the work place for many companies.

The years I went to school on the subway were never the place for doing any work of any type. You just endured standing and walking for the close to 1 hour it took.

Question: In those years, how would you have gotten from A to B if there hadn't been a subway?

Irrelevant comment. The comment was that you really cannot do any useful gainful work while riding on a transit system.

It was actually a question. Are you unable to answer it?