Small Homes: Thoughts?

"Don" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news5.newsguy.com:

I thought ti might be something you'd do, but figured I'd mention it just in case.

I didn't know that, but I don't know anything about goldfish. I guess they're bottom-feeders...? Prob going over all the gravel getting any tidbits that collect. Marbles sound likea good alternative. You can always get a clown-loach to get in between them to keep them cleaned - the loaches are more "delicate" eaters and don't really turn stuff over. They're also active, and funny to watch.

Right now, Ihave 5 "glow light tetras", and they're boring -they hide most of the time and only appear when I put food in, and they finally figure out that, oh, duh, yeah, this is food. IOW they're kind of dimwitted IMO even for fish.

I think my tank might be too small even for goldfish...

Reply to
Kris Krieger

"Don" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news5.newsguy.com:

THere are various problems that can occur if hair goes uncleansed. I forgot what they are, of course, but there is a reason people started washing their hair, even if only by rinsing it out undera waterfall or water pump.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

"Don" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news5.newsguy.com:

Yup. A smart dog, like a German SHepherd, or bird such as an African Grey, are said to be capable of reasoning on the level of a 5-yr-old. ((I'm kind of big on ethology, so I pick up on that sort of info.)) But that's as good as it gets, in terms of intellignce. Basically, you just have ot like dogs and want a dog (or other companion animal), and then just commit to taking care of it.

Kids are kind of a crap shoot, tho', too. Thre are all sorts of physical and mental difficulties that can occur just as a matter of genetic variability or mutation.

Reply to
Kris Krieger