Subject Author Posted Replies

OT OBG humor: Cowboy Times
Cowboy times... Back in cowboy times, a westbound wagon train was lost and low on food. No other humans had been seen for days, and then the pioneers saw an Old Norwegian sitting beneath a tree.? Is...
1
1

Harbor Freight Tormek Clone Grinder $68-COUPON
Here ya go... you speak of me, speak well. http://www.mikedrums.com/TormekCloneCoupon.gifWhen
6
6

blown in versus roll in insolation
hello, I am building a garage (workshop at the bottom and office at the top)... and I am getting to the insolation part. the structure looks like this: / / / |----| | | | | with 10" beams on the roof...
4
4

Flame Polishing Acrylic?
You can use a lower heat source and compensate with a slower pass. Flamed edges are used often in commercial displays and the vendors are not fussy about the heat source. Regards, Tom Watson
11
11

*** Mini-FAQ for rec.woodworking # 168 - For want of somebody else posting this
* Welcome to rec.woodworking, known locally as the wreck * This is an informal group with users of all levels of knowledge, from those who have yet to pick up a tool, professional woodworkers, authors...

OT/ When it is funny, I share.
There has been a meme on the internet about Chuck Norris. Chuck made a list of his favourites...some awful funny stuff here.. When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for...
3
3

What Wood is This? Part 2
A friend worked at the airport and gave this to me. It was confiscated by customs from a South American flight. Has been ambiently air dried over time. Very hard, very heavy. I can barely make a pin...
20
20

Help
I know nothing about woodworking, so could someone give me some ideas for stocking stuffers for a carpenter friend? Thanks so much!
5
5

Tuning Makita LS1013 Miter Saw - problems
I'm starting a project where 45-degree miter cuts are essential, so I decided to tune my Makita saw a little. I've run into some problems. The biggest is that I cannot align the fence to the saw blade...
15
15

Dadoo question
This will be my first big project. I will be making a closet system for myself. I was thinking of using a rabit on the back for a back panel to fit in. I was thinking of using dados for the permanent...
24
24

Plywood Rabbets - Dado Blade on TS or Router??
Hey All, So, a quick question, I need to make some 5/16 x 5/16 rabbets on the edge of some birch plywood replacement kitchen cabinet doors I am making. Anybody have any suggestion on which would be...
13
13

What kind of wood is this?
Same piece of wood, different lighting. Very dry, very light in weight. The piece 17" x 5.75" x 1.5" weighs just over 3 pounds. Moderately soft-- a 1/32" steel nail-set dropped from about a foot,...
15
15

Help with dovetail spacing
Hi all; I'm about to start my Christmas presents for my daughters. I'm making them keepsake boxes out of Honduran mahogany. Dimensions will be something like 16"L X 12" W X 7" H. I'll use my Leigh jig...
4
4

Wood Screws
Anyone point me in the right direction for high quality wood screws? I would prefer square drive, self countersinking. Thanks
12
12

A small nanner, and a couple of bummers.
Suffering from Tormek-envy this morning, I stopped in at Woodcraft to remedy the situation. I left there with another 35 bft of select cherry, a slow speed grinder, and a $30 rubber bulb for glue....
1
1