Can you identify the maker of this chisel?

I picked up a couple of chisels at a tool sale and I can't figure out who the manufacturer was. There was a logo on the handles, but they are beat up so badly I can't make out any details. These photos show all the markings on the body and handles:

ideas?

Reply to
Steve Turner

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

All right then, maybe someone can recommend a web forum where they specialize in such obscure questions?

Reply to
Steve Turner

No, can't help. I _know_ I have seen that makers stamp before (the S- shaped diving [whale]), I believe on a high quality kitchen knife, but I can't name the manufacturer. I had a bit of a look around German online tool sellers to see if I could find it, but it didn't show up.

Bahco uses a fish stamp, but 1. it's a different shape and 2. they're Swedish as far as I can recall.

-P.

Reply to
Peter Huebner

Just googled Germany+Tools+Whale and came up with a Sheffield forum discussing knives. Mention made of a knife marked "Germany" with a whale logo. Perhaps it might be Richartz Bros of Solingen.

Link to forum below. Maybe they can help : )

DiggerOp

Their current logo is more stylized, but that doesn't mean it has always been so.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Ah, so I should have Googled "whale" instead of "fish". :-) Thanks for the leads guys, I'll follow up.

Reply to
Steve Turner