Subject Author Posted Replies

TableTop Glue-Ups and Plate Joiners
I want to make a replacement tabletop out of oak, with jointed pieces. Do I really need biscuits for the joints? Is the glue not strong enough? What did furniture makers use before biscuit joiners? I...
12
12

A quick Saw Stop comment
A few years ago, I sold my table saw. An old Delta, It wasn't all that good to begin with and after 10 years or so of service it didn't fill the bill any longer. It was an amazing thing to me, even as...
46
46

OT: Humor, Blockbuster Movie Coming Soon
Not political, just funny. The last scene with the little girl is priceless:

OT: I been a bad dog.
Pweeze don't yell at me... dog belongs to a friend of mine. That face just cracks me up. I figured I'd share... r http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/?action=view
2
2

O/T: It's Amusing
Sitting in a traffic jam recently, decided surf the AM radio dial. Found a station carrying a discussion regarding a proposal to offer a tax incentive to people to turn in older gas guzzling vehicles...
21
21

Grizzly Tools
Who could say no to Grizzly Tools? It is quickly making a name for itself by being the America=92s favorite and one of the largest machinery companies in the US. These tools have been approved by...
9
9

OT Kid's project
Spent a couple of nights this week helping my small child (6' 2" senior in high school) build a motorized turn table using a blender for the power source for an engineering class. As we worked on the...
2
2

Routing small pieces
I have 40+ small pieces of wood to rout rabbets in and need some advice as to how to safely hold the work. They are 2-3/4 x 3 x 5/8, small drawer fronts, and I need to rout 7/16 x 7/16 rabbets in 3...
14
14

Neener
Hi group, This may be a neener I'm not sure. I do know it was a good deal though. I picked a like new Jet 1100 dust (maybe collected about 1/2 bag) collector with fittings and about 100'hose for $275...

PING: Upscale
I have been using Look, for both my TV and internet access, as you may have heard, they sold their wireless spectrum to Bell and Rogers, I haven`t heard what they are offering former Look subscribers,...
8
8

Compressors - drain every day or leave pressured?
OK, I finally figured out my compressor purchase and went with the Campbell Hausfield 60 gal upright - Lowes was even nice enough to part with it for $399 (gloat?) The manual says that the tank should...
66
66

HF Multifunction tool
HF has their version of the Fein multimaster on sale for under $40. Here's the link: once in a while I wish I had something like this for trimming some molding or whatever. Anybody own this puppy?...
70
70

What is it? Set 283
I can't believe it's Thursday already, I need some help on a surveyor's device this week: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
16
16

Blonde Buckaroo
=================================== A blonde decides to try horseback riding, even though she has had no lessons, nor prior experience. She mounts the horse unassisted, and the horse immediately...
7
7

OT Off Topic -- about the off topics
Why is it that there are more jokes posted (off topic) here in rec.woodworking than there are in
2
2