OT: Colbert Explains Hannity's "Liberty Tree" Video

These right-wingers are going off the deep end. Hannity has the mind of a seventh grader. Video near the bottom of the page.

Lazlo

yeah now that's news! Right. Sorry didn't watch the video and won't. Huffington Post? A George Soros spinoff? Like anything on this site is anywhere near the truth.

Reply to
evodawg

Just to add some fuel, a study by The Ohio State University found that conservatives tend to believe that Colbert means what he says and that he dislikes liberalism. See
those commie universities. ;-)

Reply to
jo4hn

Hannity, Limbaugh and Beck all have at least one thing in common - they are uneducated gasbags.

Not one of them has a degree beyond high school.

It's like the blond leading the blond.

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

>> Just to add some fuel, a study by The Ohio State University found that

Even my Kid and his friends think of Colbert as a joke. They love him and support all of his wierd causes because it is so funny to them, space station Colbert was a favorite.

Reply to
sweet sawdust

Think you forgot to mention this woman that wrote the report made a appearance on PMSNBC Keith Olbermann's phony show. Geeee I wonder just how credible she really is? Most that show up are discredit right away.

evodawg

Funny you should mention that; I don't believe he ever graduated from high school.

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Houston

Ummm, the video was just Hannity's show in an unbroken segment. Nothing was taken out of context. How is that untruthful? If it will make you feel better, here's the same lame segment on Fox:

didn't make you cringe? It bothers me when someone mangles words and uses lame logic. You must have a friend that couldn't conjure up a good analogy or metaphor to save their life. That's Hannity. Sorry.

The founding fathers and colonial troops were terrorists. They hid behind trees instead of taking the bullet in the chest like a man...at least that was the opinion of the people loyal to the king.

You shouldn't be afraid to listen/read/watch opinions from the other side. That applies to everything in life, not just politics. It's the only way you learn and grow.

RicodJour

Why do you change the subject line to put your name in it? What purpose does that serve?

RicodJour

What does that have to do with anything? I work every day among people having the highest academic credentials and that hasn't stopped the vast majority of them from being blithering idiots with no common sense whatsoever. Not to take anything away from those who just happen to be educated AND smart, but beyond establishing (on paper) that a well-educated person has enough wherewithal to see a task through from start to completion, I'm not convinced there's any correlation between the two.

Reply to
Steve Turner

Why do you change the subject line to put your name in it? What purpose does that serve?

The subject line on MY post reads "Re: Colbert Explains Hannity's "Liberty Tree" Video" on my ATT-Yahoo newsreader. What does it read on yours?

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Houston

And that proves Tom's point!

Reply to
sweet sawdust

So, there is an inverse correlation between education level and intelligence?

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Wha?

Reply to
Steve Turner

There certainly can be. 'Ever taken a course from the Education department of your university. It is almost inevitably the most foolish, useless, and anti-intellectual drivel you'll encounter - and they hand out Ph.Ds in this stuff. Then there's the entire horizon of Victim's Studies in various drag - again, deeply anti-intellectual.

Education does not equal knowledge nor does it equal wisdom, insight, thoughtfulness, discernment, or truth. This is all the more the case these days wherein the academy has been turned into a madrassah for

1960s intellectual children and their silly little followers. In my experience (both many years within the academy and many outside it), the average plumber is way brighter than the average university professor ... and the former produces a considerably more important work product on average ...
Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

call it these days) shouldn't be there! The other 1/4 are there because they have no idea or were forced into it. The last 1/4 have a clue. I'm convinced that 2/3 have no common sense. I see and deal with these "Higher Educated" everyday, and sometimes I want to to the V8 thing and knock them in the head.

Reply to
evodawg

So, the M.D. is less useful to us when we are ill than the high school dropout who posseses 'common sense'?

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Reply to
evodawg

Thank you for playing.

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Uh oh. Gremlins! I think Google is fooking with the subject lines as displayed. This is what I see as the subject line on your post:

"Discussion subject changed to "Colbert Explains Hannity's "Liberty Tree" Video" by Steve Turner"

but the actual subject line doesn't have your name appended to it.

They're fixing something that isn't broken again....

RicodJour