Subject Author Posted Replies

Ridgid Dust Collector
When did Ridgid discontinue these and were they any good? I might have an opportunity to buy one, and I only use one tool at a time but my shop vac doesn't keep up very well. I have been considering...
4
4

Sonic Screwdriver
When will Harbor Freight sell one of these? Ultrasonic engineers have uncovered how a real life version of the fictional screwdriver -- which uses sonic technology to open locks and undo screws --...
7
7

Dewalt battery charger problem and possible heads up
Left an 18v XR battery in the charger last night, in the barn. It went down into the 20s. Today I went to change batteries and it was stuck in the charger. I finally got it pried out and there was a...
3
3

Best of Sketch-up woodworking plug-ins & tutorials - DISCUSS & CONTRIBUTE
Sketch-up for woodworking has gotten quite a bit of press lately both here and elsewhere. However, much of this info is scattered across multiple sources and threads. As a newbie to Sketch-up, I...
34
34

Making Safety Glass
Well, not really, but safety glass is the idea. I need to remove a mirror that is stuck on a condo's wall, presumably with some kind of construction adhesive. I'm thinking of using spray adhesive to...
13
13

Accentuating Quilted Maple
I'm building a jewelry box out of quilted maple for my daughter. I'm looking for stain/dye suggestions to accentuate the grain. As I understand it, using a colored shellac will also aid the process....
8
8

O/T: Turn Out The Lights
Don Meredith, Dallas Cowboy quarterback and Monday Night Football broadcaster has cashed in at 72. Lew
3
3

OT/It Pays to Be Old
No one believes seniors . . . everyone thinks they are senile. An elderly couple was celebrating their sixtieth anniversary. The couple had married as childhood sweethearts and had moved back to their...

semi-newbie has client project of laminate shelves/cabinets - questions
Hello folks Have had moderate success on projects such as making 6 mission bookcases and have done a lot of other stuff so I'm moderately confident to attempt a paying project for a friend. He wants a...
6
6

OT: Sometimes stuff cracks me up Part Deux
7
7

O/T: I'm So Tired Of Chardonay
Enjoy Lew ***************************************** One day, a man came home and was greeted by his wife dressed in a very Sexy nightie. 'Tie me up,' she purred, 'and you can do anything you want.' So...
2
2

Baltic Birch plywood bookcase
did you complete the baltic birch bookcase? my son wants a baltic birch album case (3 shelves, 3/4"x96"x14" top and 3/4"x44"x14" sides). i am planning on 16" between vertical pieces. he plans to store...
18
18

What is it? Weekend Edition 10
39. Someone sent this to me a week or two ago, you can test your memory on it since it was posted on the site over three years ago: next three haven't been posted before, for one reason or another...
23
23

A tale of two screw-ups
Recently I finished working on 3 similar jewelry boxes. It's a design I have done before with a dovetailed box in the middle suspended between two vertical natural edge slabs. Rails across the top and...
13
13

How to calculate board feet for my project
I'm not sure my subject line is even right. I am going to be building an entertainment center out of solid teak and teak plywood. I know the dimensions of each piece of solid teak for my project. I...
12
12