Subject Author Posted Replies

anybody looking for a 3hp, 3ph 240v motor?
In Chicago, No relation to seller, just saw the listing.
5
5

After Market table saw fence
I have a Rigid TS2424 contractor table saw and am planning to replace the rip fence. Overall happy with the saw, it has cast iron top and has stood the test of time. Not a bad fence on the saw just...
8
8

OT: Sometimes things strike me as funny. Issue 509 Political Correctness.
This is not a joke..... =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Calling animals 'pets' is insulting, academics claim. Animal lovers should stop calling their furry or feathered friends =93pets=94 because the...
15
15

Little info on my bandsaw.
Have a Craftsman Tilt bandsaw. Table does not tilt the saw blade and drive wheels tilt. OK that is great. The pot metal casting that holds the guides and back pressure bearing has a threaded hole that...
6
6

Ink under Shellac
I've got some special wood (that came from an old tree near our house), and would like to add an inscription on it. With a regular ink pen or a sharpie, the ink will run. Any suggestions for something...
25
25

What is it? Set 386
I think that I know the answer for the second item but I'm not 100% sure: http://55tools.blogspot.com/2011/04/set-386.htmlRob
26
26

bandsaw tires shifting
Hello all, Am trying to get an older Sears bandsaw back in operation. The wheels were quite out of plane; have now set them to be nicely parallel. When rotate the wheels by hand, everything seems to...
6
6

"And they call it a woody..."
Great imagination sidling along different lines of craftsmanship and utility: Hennessey http://www.splinterbike.co.uk/wooden-bike-galleryRegards...
2
2

OT: Very OT - Are any of you guys watching the Weather Channel?
Almost like watching a SciFi disaster movie.
26
26

how to glue up to make a wooden plane
I'm going to try to make a wooden plane, probably a jack/fore plane. Since I won't be able to get a single piece of stock that will be big enough, I plan on gluing up from thinner pieces. My question...
11
11

Fasteners for a deck?
Hello, I started rehabbing an old deck last season until life got in the way and stalled the project. Now that the weather is finally starting to break in the North East, the project is back on the...
6
6

$21.3 billion for cordless tools
and a few other things...check out these surgical products from Synthes, which J&J is buying for $21.3 billion... bet they cost even more than Festool...
3
3

Lumber Liquidators Weekend Sale / Rosewood / Bamboo / etc.
Lumber Liquidators is having their yearly sale in which they sell off their odd boxes. Last year they were selling boxes of approx. 28 sq. ft (or whatever a std. box holds) for five bucks a box. It's...
13
13

What's this piece of furniture called?
I'm thinking of a rather wide bench, with a back, that looks something like a church pew. The space under the seat is enclosed. The seat is hinged, so when you lift it, there's room underneath where...
11
11

Submarine Door
peephole. Regards, Edward Hennessey http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2010/10/brass-and-wood-pressure-door-with-i.htmlNice