Subject Author Posted Replies

Outdoor table recommendations
Hi, I'm just beginning to learn the craft. I've been doing a fair amount of reading and I decided a good starter project would be an outdoor table. After some searching, the basic outdoor table found...
8
8

OFF TOPIC!! Independence Day Screwups
In case you haven't heard, San Diego has taken fireworks shows to a whole new level. They not only start the show five minutes early, but the shoot off three barges of fireworks all at once! Very...
3
3

Cool fold-up chairs
Dunno, I've seen a lot of Amish-made Adirondack chairs. Don't think they live in upstate-NY and they sure don't dress like injuns.
17
17

What is it? Set 448
This week's set has been posted:
52
52

Latest shop project: TUTS
Photos of my latest shop project, TUTS (The Ultimate Taper Sled), here: is a distillation of several taper sleds I've seen online, including Swingman's -- thanks, Karl -- plus a few ideas of my own....
6
6

OT, happy 4th, Day started with a bang
The July 4th implosion of the Rose Towers dorms at the University of Alabama in Tucaloosa Alabama. We watched this huge building come crashin down right in front of our eyes. Roll Tide!

Motor wiring
I have a 1 hp motor that I want to deploy for my drum sander. I know squat about motor wiring. The motor draws about 13 amps at 110, so I bought 12 gauge. Opening the wiring access panel reveals one...
3
3

Planer blades.
Just switched out my planer blades today. Damn I wish I had done that earlier. I had a feeling my feed problems might be related. After seeing the cut after, I'm wondering why I didn't do it earlier....
21
21

Motor Tablesaw
My Delta Unisaw has been working fine for fifteen years. Now all of sudden when I push the start button the motors spins very slowly tiring to get up to speed, but does not and after about five...
16
16

In search of a box joint
Bought a jig and it seems to work much better than my home-made one. Got out my old Craftsman dado set and cut a few quarter inch ones. Those saws were made BC (before carbide) are OK for regular...
19
19

O/T: Paper Or Plastic
"Paper or plastic"? A question that is being asked less and less these days here in SoCal. More and more cities here in SoCal are implementing a policy of no more single use plastic bags to carry home...
15
15

Minwax Date Codes
Would you assume MW 2088VN would be day 208 of 2008 or 2018?
46
46

O/T: Warm Enough
Take your choice, wild fires in the west or oppressive heat waves thru out much of the rest of the country, global warming is upon us. Shall we continue to ignore the effect of green house gases? Lew
175
175

OT. summer activities:
Its almost rodeo season and country fair time , my better half and I hookup the old RV. and do the circuit throughout the province meet old friends and have a darn good guess is you Southerners...
6
6

Woodcraft? Honest reviews?
I noticed that my reviews of Woodcraft products don't make their reviews if I rate them poorly, only when I rate them well. I know I have to give time, but some are old enough to have made it. Has...
7
7