Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: You guys make it hard to follow this group
Gone for 24 hours; come back, 114 unread posts. I kill the two noisy O/T political threads and the "What is it?" thread (which I don't read), which leaves me with SEVEN unread posts, and only four of...
43
43

O/T: Quote Of The Day
Enjoy Lew -------------------------------------- QUOTE OF THE DAY "Recently some of you have been paying attention to the commentary about the representative from Missouri, Mr. Akin. The interesting...

What is it? Set 455
I need some help with the second item this week: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
16
16

Shop layout question (woodshop)
Finishing shop electrical, all in conduit. Shop is 36 feet long with the f= irst 24 feet being 10ft.=B1 wide and the last 12 feet being 12ft.=B1 wide. Two questions: 1) Shop floor (concrete) slopes 1...
10
10

ot technology:
I bought one of Apples new Ipads and was amazed at what it could wife and I use it mainly to talk to our daughter in Amsterdam on facetime . It is so reassuring to see her and talk in real time. The...
7
7

Need manual - Pro-Tech CS72121 miter saw (or similar)
I'm looking for the owner's manual (and any other docs) for a Pro-Tech CS72121 miter saw. Apparently Pro-Tech isn't in business any more (?) and the saw is older than when downloadable manuals were...
7
7

Jury sides with Ryobi in tablesaw liability lawsuit
I only looked at this today. "About 2 years after a Massachusetts jury awarded Carlos Osorio $1.5 million when he mangled his hand in an accident with a Ryobi tablesaw (a verdict that is still under...
3
3

O/T: BLOG POST OF THE DAY
Enjoy Lew ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Can we stand back and pause a short minute to take in the spectacle of a man who wants to be President of The...
197
197

O/T: One Of A Kind Is Gone?
Phyllis Diller has cashed in her hand at 95. Definitely one of a kind. Lew

Kreg pocket holes not drilling cleanly
I'm a Kreg novice. I've now used the system for 2 projects and a couple of small utility shelves. It's very convenient. But the holes, especially in solid wood, don't drill cleanly. Specifically, the...
63
63

Help finding sanding disks
Several years ago I bought some 2" sanding disks with a semi-flexible plastic back. These snap onto a mandrel with a 1/4 turn. They last nearly forever but I need some more. I got some 36 and 50 grit...
8
8

Making my own wood filler
I googled and all the DIY recipes say to mix sanding dust with wood glue. I'm thinking of mixing Penofin deck oil with sanding dust. Has anybody tried this? Or linseed oil or anything similar? The...
4
4

Unique CNC Based Woodcarving Business
First, I must apologize for making an ON TOPIC post. I saw this article on the bottom of a page I was reading about something entirely unrelated. This gave the story and background of a "pure" artist...
5
5

Going here next week
International Woodworking Machinery & Furniture Supply Fair in Atlanta not sure what days I'll be there though. Promises to be a good show along with the required fine dining. basilisk

drilling a 28 inch deep hole
I have a piece of weathered heart pine that I want to make a lamp out of, it has three forks that come down to a common trunk. I welded a 3/8" spade bit to a 30" rod and set up an angle iron guide to...
4
4