Subject Author Posted Replies

Anyone know anything about an Xcaliber table saw
I've run across a used Xcaliber tablesaw in my area. It is a single phase 5= hp 12" saw. It includes a sliding table option. The cast iron surface on t= his saw is 30" x 40". It is impressive looking....
2
2

Is anyone familiar with an xcaliber tablesaw
I've run across one for sale. Internet searches indicate its manufactured in the UK. This particular unit is quite impressive. Its a 12" 5hp single phase and includes a sliding table option. On the...

Voting Open (Picture Frame Contest)
yer vote on! Pick the purtiest picture frame of the bunch. http://www.garagewoodworks.com/contest_poll.phpGet
5
5

"Coarse" vs "Deep" threads
Ok - Potentially silly question. McFeeleys sells screws that are either Deep thread or Coarse or Fine. What is the difference between a "deep" vs "coarse" thread? Applications differences? All of the...
8
8

Better Shed Doors?
We've put off replacing our shed doors a few years now due to funds and time. However they have reached the point where I doubt they can make it through another winter. What I want to know is what is...
15
15

ping leon, or anyone that knows
Anyone heard from nailshooter lately? basilisk
4
4

What is it? Set 454
I need some help with the fourth and fifth items this week:
20
20

RE: FrogTape
FrogTape has been getting a lot of TV advertising in the SoCal market. Anybody have any actual experience with the stuff? Lew
29
29

Lofty Mirror ??
I am planning to make a couple of bathroom mirrors in the style of the "lofty mirror"--google has lots of pics. It is basically a simple mirror with a wood frame on the left and right, but nothing on...
2
2

OT: Not so shy drummer
Well, someone has to conduct. Besides, he probably daylights as a tappanyaki cook....
2
2

Check this out!!!!
This is funny. 'll let you have a good laugh. http://cnj.craigslist.org/tls/3206241426.htmlI http://cnj.craigslist.org/tls/3206241426.htmlI
8
8

best way:
Hi I have a scenario to run bye you guys I have to cut 1/2' plywood panels with 45 degree edges to make mitered joints .Is it better to cut plywood square and then run it though the router table that...
11
11

Things sometimes come back around...
Not dumb at all... touching.... but in my sitcom brain I can't help but get a chuckle out of your last quote... "I'll just load the saw into my truck and take it over and give it to your son - that's...
20
20

Hand Tool Contest (Roy Underhill Prize)
Want to test out or show-off your hand tool skills? And at the same time make something for a kid? Then this is the contest for you. Make a child's toy by using ALL hand tools. It can be anything form...

I had to laugh...
After bitching about the chiwanese chairs I was repairing not being square, I confess to a senior's moment (even though I'm not Mexican). The back of the chair is 2" narrower than the front, by...
2
2