Subject Author Posted Replies

Anyone know how to bore a spiral hole?
As part of an installation an artist friend has asked me if I could bore a spiral hole of about 1" dia endways through a seasoned hardwood log. Log would be about 14" dia (ish) and about 3ft long. Dia...
20
20

Sofa table
I've finished my glass-topped sofa table, in the style made popular by Karl (Swingman). This is a trial piece, using wood laying around (pine and something that may be fir - some old shelves. I...
19
19

TV Chest Completed
Well another job comes to a close....
16
16

Rockler Glue Bottles
I took another look. I didn't look close enough the first time. hope Larry J. gets one so he can share his review. Other reviews I have seen (including Leon's) have been favorable. Cheers, Bill
1
1

Ping Zz Yzx - Re : GLOAT!
Aren't you suppose to flag your load, if it sticks out more than 4'? http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/Sonny

What is it? Set 461
This week's set of items has been posted:
17
17

High Speed Film of Steve Gass's finger and the SawStop
Watch the whole video?!
6
6

Fix your PC 8529 router
This may be of use for somebody with a dead PC 8529 router sitting on the s= helf. My PC 8529 speed control failed after about 25 hours of use. I called PC a= nd they were not very helpful. The part...
9
9

Wood Carving Mania

Finishing reclaimed cherry
Making a new coffee table for the den and found some nice reclaimed cherry = I haven't worked with reclaimed wood before and am wondering what those of= you who have suggest in the way of finishing....
6
6

Ipe in Ocean City, New Jersey
Anyone in or near Ocean City? the link doesn't open to the Ipe listings, browse the "Lumber" tab. GovDeals is the place to bid on government surplus and unclaimed property including heavy equipment,...

Titebond III stains...
Had a nasty surprise gluing some oak veneered pieces with Titebond III. Every place there was a contact with the cast iron clamp a jet black stain resulted. I thought it might be tannins in the wood,...
10
10

Could you whack an inch off?
I spend hours getting my Stickley reproduction designs as exact as possible= , measuring from eBay photos and Stickley catlogs. I did a run of very smal= l round tables, in Cherry (not classic)....
43
43

O/T: Duck
Enjoy Lew ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Three women die together in an accident and go to heaven. When they get there, St. Peter says, "We only have one...
2
2

Work bench gloat
Went to an auction saturday. Lots of mostly older stuff (woodworking tools and a lot of KATY RR collectables). I did pick up 10 pipe clamps for a song, but the catch of the day was the table the RR...
2
2