Subject Author Posted Replies

The Bagel-Slice-O-Matic
Make a bagel slicer: http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?video=v71&category=all Woodworking tips, projects and forum. A great collection of woodworking video podcasts. Woodworking tips, projects...
5
5

Nailing baseboards?
Placing three piece base boards around bathroom floor. Lots of little pieces and returns. The two vertical pieces are a wood composite and the base shoe is PVC. 3/4" tall and 1/2" wide. Using a Senco...
7
7

Keyhole hangers
Found the following keyhole hangers and they are the type I need. checked and Hafele will sell only packages of 100. Having goggled over 1 hour and not finding any other suppliers, am turning to this...
16
16

New office desk progress
I did not make the two week dead line. LOL Here is where I am at, I started this portion of the desk on Monday 2 weeks ago. The "bridge" between the drawer cabinets. I was able to sit on the front...
14
14

Karl - you may lose me to the Dark Side
As we did last Christmas, we spoke of the fact that us better carpenters/woodworkers/installers cope our inside joints as needed to cover out of square joints in trim of all sorts. And we agree that...
21
21

Sanding teak (interior use only)
I have just completed a teak cover (top, bottom, and sides) for my crappy stone mantle on my fireplace. I want to sand the teak to remove some marks. I know teak is an oily wood. Does anyone have any...
23
23

The return of Strong tool design the maker of the joint-matic
I have been instructed to perform research concerning Strong Tool Design. Do you own a jointmatic? Have you been pleased with its performance? Is there anything on the market today that compares to...
3
3

Glue Blocks on Finished Surfaces
I'm about to undertake a project using glue blocks and wanted to ask if it was plausible to use glue blocks with already primed opr painted wood. Or should I sand the wood first before gluing? Thanks....
5
5

Anybody else getting junk mail after woodworking purchase?
I am receiving third-party advertising mail that I believe is because I recently made a purchase from a popular company many of us here deal with. On the envelope it touts 'Products for Woodworkers',...
13
13

Anyone Have Experience with this Bending Method?
Watched this bending plywood method. I was wondering if anyone had an experience with it?
20
20

Work bench side clamps
I suppose this project itself should be in metalworking, but I made these for my woodworking table. Gives me access to one surface of a board without a clamp getting in the way: 'DIY: Make Your Own...
1
1

cordless drill battery
I have two cordless drill, one has both batteries dead and the other has both batteries on the way out. Has anyone had their batteries rebuilt and were you happy with the results? Who rebuilt them for...
9
9

Beth Ireland Sanctuary Project
You may have heard about Beth Ireland traveling around the country teaching children how to turn last year... Well, she's at it again! Maybe help support this effort... My club and our turner SIG both...
3
3

O/T: Kids
From: "LEIF C" Date: January 26, 2013 I Think You're The Father of One of My Kids... Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------------------------------------------ A guy goes to the supermarket...

Charles Self's 'Creating Your Own Woodshop (Take a Peek)
Not sure how books end up on Google books but I think it's a neat feature. = Anyway, if you don't own the book it would make a nice addition to any woo= dworking library. You might enjoy checking out...
11
11