2785 Shortwave antenna array

2786 asbestos siding shear

2789 spring compressor

2790 Used to shape and dress the grinding wheels on large band saw grinders. Bandsaw teeth are first swaged spread the tip of the tooth then a shaper swage is used to close the kerf to exact dimensions, finally saw is machine ground to clean up gullet and sharpen tip of teeth.

You had posted pictures of swagers and shapers a few weeks ago.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

#2789 For compressing springs for valve springs for an automobile engine.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:d95eac49-877f-4784-83f8-4d695f0a9cb3 @googlegroups.com:

right now. The two pieces are attached by a cord which passes over the fisherman's shoulders

*inside* his coat, so that one dangles from the end of each sleeve. If he falls through the ice, he can grip the ice with the spikes and at least hold his head above water, and hopefully haul himself back up onto the ice.
Reply to
Doug Miller

Correct, although the patent calls it a shingle cutter, I would guess it was used on asbestos siding also.

Reply to
rhvp65

here's a link to a more modern version:

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Thanks! I'll post that link with my answer.

Reply to
rhvp65
2785: I wish I know. I see these nets covering plants in Wisconsin, often. 2786: Combo tool. Hole puncher and shaper, Aluminum? 2787: Bayonets? 2788: ?? 2789: Bearing pusher on' er / remover. 2790: ??
Reply to
mungedaddress

2788 fire hydrant cap for city... it provides a shower on hot summer days and conserves water so that the fire plugs down the line will work.
Reply to
woodchucker

My dad taught me use one of these when I was a teen, 55 years ago.

Still have the thing in my shop. Every time some body comes by they ask about it.

Reply to
athiker

That's definitely one of the good things about collecting unusual tools, they are great conversation pieces.

Five of the six have been answered correctly this week, still not sure about the lid:

rhvp65