Subject Author Posted Replies

A site I have found
Might be of some interest to some people..I thought this was a neat site so I will post a link......Brian Homepage - The Wood Whisperer
5
5

Correcting waves in tabletop?
Hi, I had a local cabinet shop run my maple tabletop through its wide-belt sander. The result was a nice uniform thickness (good) but it also produced a very shallow waviness (bad). The waves, which...
2
2

Bandsaw Choice
Im looking to replce my 20 year old Craftsman 12" bandsaw. I will use it primarily for resawing, cuting dovetails and joints and some bandsaw boxes. I am trying to make my mind up between the Rinkon...
20
20

douglas fir ok for cutting board?
Hi, I have some Douglas Fir I'd like to use to make a cutting board. Good idea? Bad idea? TIA, NL
6
6

Too Freak'en cold
Went out to do some woodworking on my bed project. I didn't last to long in the cold woodshop. Need a heater!
69
69

Workbench reference
A recent post caused me to collect my workbench references...I thought/ think it would be good to have them listed on this newsgroup just for reference.......Hope you agree: Benches you can build: The...
11
11

Door latch problem
Hi all Sorry if this is a re-post, but he first post didn't appear. I have old fashioned wrought iron fittings on my doors and some of them have a problem whereby the bit the latch hooks over pulls...
6
6

REVIEW - GMC Palm Planer - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Greetings all, Latest review is now up - GMC (PPM) Palm Power Planer Read online at Hope it helps. Circular Saw Buyer's Guide Buyer's Guide When most people think of power tools, it seems the circular...

OT again: Parents could be fined for missing school meetings
Well the parents should have thought of that before neglecting their children. You child is more important than any job or rent. Where there is a will, there is a way. If the parent gets fined because...
218
218

Glue for Plywood Chairs
I'm making plywood chairs pictured here: 'm having trouble getting the glue joint at the front to be strong enough to support the weight of the person. I'm using Titebond Original glue and I don't...
22
22

First attempt at grinding, how bad did I do?
I got an 8" grinder. Got an 80x white wheel. Got the spiffy Veritas rest and holder. First attempt was with my beater chisel that I use for scraping glue off the bench and various other nasty...
8
8

Ping CW AutoCAD question
Leon, I don't remember the specifics but the files you are looking for are the .MN types. There are three or four of them.
20
20

Lenox Bandsaw Blades and Hand Tools
Shipping Special for February! $5.00 Shipping for orders over $75.00! Enjoy 30% off all Hand Tools, and 40% off all bandsaw blades! "online store" to access our online ordering system!...

Glue or No Glue?
Regards a panel in a furniture piece, or as cabinet door, or whatever. If I have a hardwood panel in a frame, I do not glue in ther panel, so that expansion due to temperature or moisture will not...
4
4

Converting a Desk Drawer to Hold a Keyboard
I'm on a campaign to unclutter my computer desk (HAHA, yet again). I've moved the monitor to an Ergotron wall mount but now want to move the keyboard off the worksurface so it can be clutter free...
12
12