glue

What is the glue called that you spray on to temporarily hold a paper pattern to wood? Thanks

Reply to
Larry and a Cat named Dub

It's called "spray adhesive". 3M, among others, makes the stuff.

todd

Reply to
todd

He knows that, he wants to know Which spray adhesive.

3M makes 20-30 spray adhesives many of which don't let go.

A Low Tact Spray Adhesive is what he is looking for.

Reply to
Leon

"Low Tact" is probably more like speaking for somebody else, and trying to sound like you know everything. A removable adhesive might be called "low tack". You are right, though, that 3M makes several types of spray adhesives. They should be available at most office supply stores, and probably home centers, walmarts, etc. Andy

Reply to
Andy

What is the glue called for temporarily fasting a paper pattern to wood for cutting out on a jig saw. Any brand better then others? Thanks

Reply to
Larry and a Cat named Dub

Check with an arts and crafts store.

Expect to find a 3M spray can of something.

"77" is probably more than what is needed.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

3M Spray mount

I use self-adhesive shipping labels instead of paper for anything smaller than half a letter size page, works great.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

Reply to
Larry and a Cat named Dub

They do. 3M 75 is probably what you're looking for.

Reply to
J. Clarke

My wife does stained glass, and uses those inexpensive glue sticks to stick her paper patterns to glass. These are the type that you turn the bottom and then the glue stick comes out the other end--sort of like lipstick.

This past December, I got the idea to make some Christmas ornaments with my scroll saw. I wound up using the same glue sticks to put my paper patterns onto the wood--and it seemed to work fine. After I was done cutting stuff, I'd remove the paper. Sometimes it would stick a bit more than I'd have liked, but it would come off. Not sure what would happen though if the paper was left on the wood for any length of time.

Reply to
Michael Faurot