I'm building a simple loft bed to make space in a bedroom for a sewing table
under the bed. Several things stand out as memorable from yesterday.
- I was busy paying bills so I had my 16 year old daughter figure out the
lengths of 2x6's to buy to minimize cost. I insisted on a formal cut list
on graph paper. <g> She did very well.
- We did some of the cuts with a hand saw in the cold & windy Lowe's
parking lot. 14' is much too long for the van.
- My daughter and I both cut rounded corners at the same time, she on the
scroll saw, me on the bandsaw. T'was fun how quickly we got done.
- A couple of passes through the new-to-me planer and all those blue ink
marks were gone. I've always used a belt sander before. The planer is
- It was the first time I've filled the dust collector bottom bag in one
A most enjoyable afternoon.