Well that was dumb !

I made a bunch of hot plate trivets for gifts. I put a coat of Danish oil on them and hung them on a "tree" to dry. The tree was a tubafur with a

5/16" dowel through it. Problem was, the dowel sagged and I could not get them all on. What to do for the second coat?

Solution: Larger dowel.

Drilled a hole in the tubafur and inserted a 5/8" dowel. While pushing it into the newly drilled hole, I realized the holes in the trivets were about

3/8".

Maybe I should buy a lathe to turn down the dowel.

Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Gerald Ross