Yankee Screwdriver

You clean your own suits? Where do you live?

Reply to
Leon

What's a suit?

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

LOL.... Thank goodness those days are way behind me but not totally gone.

Reply to
Leon

Last time I bought a suit was in 1983 (three-piece, powder blue (puke)).

Now a simple sport jacket & slacks suffice, once a year for the company christmas party and for the infrequent funeral. For the opera[*], white shirt and black jeans with a leather jacket.

[*] The Barber of Seville last Sunday - they were aiming at boomers, during the overture they had dancing carrots on the house curtain and Figaro (the Barber) carried a bouquet of carrots during the final bows for those whose introduction to Rossini's opera was _Rabbit of Seville_ (1950).
Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Suit? Wazzat?

Reply to
krw

I have good jeans, work jeans, and painting jeans - same for sneakers. I have T and polo shirts for summer, flannel shirts for winter, and a few long sleeve cotton shirts for in between. I have heavy socks and light socks. That's my wardrobe, except for various coats and sweaters. There are some advantages to being an old fart :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

And the hangers breed in dark closets.

Reply to
G. Ross

I have 14 (count'em) Duluth long tail, pocket "T's", all the same color;

4 pair of Savoy cargo shorts from Sam's, all the same color; 2 pair of "Faded Glory" jeans from WalMart, all the same color, but two sizes, for gumbo season.

Definitely a theme going ...

For formal wear/dress up: I have 2 Duluth pullover polo's with pockets and collars; two different colors ... ruins my theme, but what the hell.

Also have 1 (one, count'em) Hawaiian style shirt bought at the outlet mall, identical to one Leon has, for when we go out to eat with him and Kim ... that ways we can look like a band on break.

Groupies, you never know ...

Reply to
Swingman

Jeans... used to call them Dungarees... now we polished the term to Jeans.

Reply to
woodchucker

Leisure Suit?!!!!! LOL.... I somehow got through that period with having to buy one of those.

Reply to
Leon

;~)

Reply to
Leon

Other than my gym gear, I don't own a shirt without long sleeves and a collar. I think I have two or three pair of Dockers and all the rest of my pants are jeans. I usually wear a dress shirt and jeans to work. Come to think of it, I usually wear a dress shirt and jeans on the weekend, too. ;-) In "colder" weather (Georgia doesn't have "cold") I may wear a flannel shirt.

What does SWMBO think about your groupies?

Reply to
krw

Without? My FIL wore polyester leisure suits. I always laughed at him/them.

Reply to
krw

Suits? I've not worn one in 27 years. I do wear a blazer once or twice a year.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You get four of them in a deck of cards.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If you wear a different color shirt the neighbors will call the police about a stranger loitering in the area.

My wardrobe has four colors.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I knew a guy who loved them - he was on the road a lot (computer consultant type) and claimed he could get in the shower with the suit still on, take it off after it was thoroughly wet, and hang it up after he'd finished his shower. Never had to get a suit dry cleaned :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Something worn on the beach? Something you're served?

Reply to
krw

I wore one to my mother's funeral (~7 years ago) and to my last job interview (~5 years). I donated it because it no longer fits - zero chance of wearing it again.

Reply to
krw

YES! With OUT.

Reply to