Workshop In An Alternate Homepower Environment

It's probably still there, in one form or another. Plants get closed & the name brand is now another imported product. Often of an unknown quality.

Reply to
Cliff

IIRC Whirlpool is already in big trouble.

Reply to
Cliff

What was this about?

Reply to
Cliff

What was this about?

Reply to
Cliff

What are you going on about NOW?

Reply to
Cliff

HUH?

Is the techincal term for that "forwarding"?

You must have a LOT of problems with that pile of junk indeed.

BTW, Why add "OT" Twice? Did Outbreak distress MAKE you do it?

Reply to
Cliff

You know, you're right. A Windows computer can suffer from all the problems you've listed. But, it appears you're just another Neanderthal that doesn't have the wherewithal to properly configure a Windows computer against all the problems you've listed.

My Windows computer doesn't suffer from *any* of the problems you've listed. For the most part, I use and like many Windows programs as well as a number of others. And no, I don't own any Microsoft stock or have any great appreciation for Bill Gates. And yes, on frequent occasion I'm exposed to and use other Operating Systems such as Linux. (Mandrake version)

So screw off and climb back into your hole. I'm not the least interested in hearing you WHINE about your incapability's when it comes to Windows.

Reply to
Upscale

Speaking of neanderthal, boy..if it was so important to you..how come you are not using Linux? Thats the bleeding edge today.

You are using old paleolithic tech when using Outleak Exploder.

Gunner

Gunner

I seem to remember you snipping my posts in order to alter the context..

John

Reply to
JohnM

Microsoft stuff is pretty functional, and it's basically alright once you get it configured, but the fact remains that it's the stuff that's most often assaulted, it's often buggy and MS is darn slow at dealing with problems. Consider XP and the 'service packs', strange way to do things..

Try Mozilla's Thunderbird, it's what I use. I really don't know of anything bad to say about it, it works and it works well. The Mozilla folks seem determined to resolve issues quickly, I feel that they're doing a much better job of it than MS.

Don't get me wrong, MS did a great service for the people by putting Windows out, they helped to make the internet what it is just by offering a fairly simple and working OS that we non computer-geeks can use. MS set the standard that others are now exceeding and I can see little reason for not using that which exceeds. Give it a try, you might like it. Mozilla Firefox is a very good browser too, try 'em both.

John

Reply to
JohnM

An insightful comment and one I missed the first time I read your response.

It would be interesting to know how much in deductions the corporation took on their tax returns over the last 5 or 10 years for market research and product R&D. Article in Wed. June 22 WSJ discusses shift in consumer priorities for major appliances from stolid dependability to flash and glitz, which may help explain why the "dependability people" are now in deep do-do.

On the other hand, flash and glitz are only skin deep, and how much can it cost and how long can it take to have a design studio "re-skin" a washer or drier, and how much can it cost to shoot metal flake paint in place of white? As an aside, the American people deserve what they get on this one?.

In response to another reply, the questions about the likely outcomes for senior management were rhetorical, although your detailed answers were insightful. This helps explain the "shortage" of engineers and the rapidly declining number of engineering students. Even the "nerdest" engineer can look up/around and see that while they (and the rest of the "product" people) are taking it in the shorts big time, management and finance are riding off with full boodle bags. While both groups will have some time off, for the product people it will be a mad scramble for another job so they can keep the house and the car, while the management and finance people are resting in Cancun.

Do you happen to know if the Maytag pension plans are fully funded, or is this another "debt bomb" that will be lobbed into the PBGC? How about medical care for current retirees? Off Maytag and onto the taxpayers through Medicare?

We need something more than biased B-school case studies. What do you think of an economic/financial equivalent to the NTSB that would investigate major corporate "crash and burn" cases? These could well be a job for Dr. Kavorikan and not a "crash-cart" and life-support situation.

In the aggregate the major loss/damage caused by not only Maytag, but also Enron, Tyco, Ford, EMC, Delta, American, etc., etc., is a total loss of confidence in the competence and motives of management by not only their employees, but the majority of stockholders and the American people.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

As a followon to another post I just made, see WSJ article Wed June 22 on this.

I ask the same question about Whirlpool that I asked about Maytag. How much did they claim on their tax returns for market research and product R&D over the last 5 to 10 years? It is clear they did not do any. The apparent choices are "management malpractice," or "management malpractace" and tax fraud.

Any chance to "claw back" some of the management b>>Second problem is that this gives the Chinese an opening wedge

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

I'll point out the GE does not run unprofitable divisoins for a great length of time and has been in the home appliance business for a LONG time as such things go.

Two decades ago they were a leader in the use of 3D CAD/CAM systems at their Appliance Park facility near Louisville, KY. Probably the first 3D sheetmetal software for 3D CAD/CAM came out of their efforts ...

Reply to
Cliff

Not too bright, eh? What NG are you from that you never got educated?

Reply to
Cliff

Yes John, do that - f*ck off!

Reply to
John P Bengi

Why?

Reply to
John P Bengi

Well John, to put it politely, YOU shit in your own nest! And the rest of us cannot operate with the dag hanging from your arse. Plus the methane is unpalatable/unsusable, as is the Host.

Reply to
John P Bengi

I know even a vacuum 5 gal cleaner looks like a toy-yo-yo all fancy & you can't even dump it like the old ones all curves so much you have to turn it upside down to dump it. & "Linda Lovelace" would be ashamed of the way they suck....

Reply to
Why

No was NOT. I use agent for downloading binaries. If you're going to play the asshole, at least try to respond with the knowledge that you have your facts straight.

Been looking in the mirror again asshole? Hell, you're too stupid to even follow a thread properly. I damn well know for sure that you're incapable of searching out parts of previous threads or you'd have quoted what you're replying to like any normal person.

Reply to
Upscale

Now I know you're looking in mirror and the person there is talking about you.

Reply to
Upscale