Woodworking Article

Tom Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

Thanks for the link, Tom. Nice story, but I confess this incongruity is still bothering me:

"Then cracking a grin, he deadpans ..."

Back in the day, editors used to catch stuff like that.

Reply to
Buttonhole McGee

As part of my early years I did a stint as a printers devil at a local, weekly. Pre-computerized typesetting. In fact, we still had a Linotype that saw use for classifieds.

We had two ladies who were the proofers. Used to be amazed that they'd read to each other, out loud, for several hours. They would'a caught that!

Reply to
tnfkajs