WoodDorks of Bumfuk - A Song!

Just so there's no confusion - this is to be sung to the tune of Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon.

I saw a WoodDork with a Christmas Toolist in his hand Walking through the streets of Bumfuk in the rain He was looking for the place called Lee Valley Going to get his bad self a Lie-Nielson plane

Ahhoooo WoodDorks of Bumfuk Ahhoooo

(Repeat)

You hear him howling around your shop's back door Better not let him in Ole Robby Lee got held up late last night WoodDorks of Bumfuk again

Ahhoooo WoodDorks of Bumfuk Ahhoooo

(Repeat)

He's the barely handy gent who's money's always spent You better stay away from him He'll plane your lungs out, Jim (Huh!) He'd like to meet Tim Taylor

Ahhoooo WoodDorks of Bumfuk Ahhoooo

(Repeat)

Well, I saw Norm Abram talking on the screen Doing the WoodDorks of Bumfuk I saw Roy Underhill talking on the screen (Uh!) Doing the WoodDorks of Bumfuk

I saw a WoodDork planing a hunk of nasty crossgrained Cocobolo His curl was perfect

(Heh!)

Ahhoooo WoodDorks of Bumfuk (Tage Frid) Ahhoooo

Draw blood

(Apologies to Mr. Zevon - RIP)

Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania 19428

Tom Watson

Tom,

Did you change the wattage of the fluorescent bulbs out in the shop.......;-)

Bob S.

from someplace in Foggy Land)

Reply to
Bob S.

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

Hold on tight to that day job!

Reply to
Swingman

I got two words for ya ..... "lacquer thinner"

Reply to
Peter Shull

Think he was checking the gas pressure in them. :-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

LOL - Priceless! Now how 'bout a send-up of "Send Lawyers, Guns and Money"

Reply to
Keith Carlson

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

Woodworkers, nail guns & money.....the chips have hit the fan! ( or maybe dust collector...) Tom you're better at this, now what? Festus

Reply to
Festus

Well, they can't all be award winners.... Keep it up, though. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

I'm honored - immortalized with Norm, Roy, Tage, and best of all...Tim.

:)

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

Tom, now that you're warmed up, how about someting epic, something big, something long-striding across history's littered stage. Set it to The Ring of the Nibelungen. Or better, the Norse saga of the Ragnorak, when humans armed with nothing but blue Marples face the gods in the Final Battle. Let it spring fully-formed from your mind, as though from the forehead of Zeus, eh. Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

The downside of being self-employed? No Employee-Assistance-Plans for these things when the occur. :) Good job (as always) dude..

Reply to
mttt

With apologies to Tex Avery, Chuck Jones, and Bugs Bunny:

"Kill the Rabbet! Kill the Rabbet!"

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

That's "wabbet," dude, and don't forget it. Tom could also get seriously obscure and do a takeoff on "Le Mortise D'Arthur."

Bob

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Or, Ebayowulf.

Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

If and *only*if* the Brunhilda-equivalent role is filled by a be-Fudd-led singer with a speech defect. And, BTW, it's -not- that way in the original script, either. Mel did the voice 'personalities' _without_ explicit cues in the script text.

With Sir Mandrel in a supporting role, no doubt.

And the enchantress Morgan eBay.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Tom, This latest spate of bad weather we're having {here in Philly area} must have you 'cold & lonely' in the shop. {Wood that be considered 'Cabinet Fever'?}

Ron PS: Joanne LOVED the stuff . . . was actually laughing when she read them. Which is unusual in itself; she typically just 'glances & trashes' what I print out.

Reply to
Ron Magen