Gustav Stickley - Article Link

Tom Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

Tom Watson provides:

fireplaces by choice to heat homes. I used wood heat exclusively for something close to 20 years: the one place I used fireplaces got a quick conversion after the first winter. You spend your entire summer cutting and splitting and run out of wood in December, while still freezing your tail off 10' from the fireplace (not helped by the fact the main fireplace was tall enough for me to walk into--I'm 6'1"--and close to 9' wide, so didn't do well with small fires--didn't require extra splitting or cutting, either, though).

In that one, I ended up with a huge woodstove on the hearth in front of the main fireplace, a wood/coal (Warm Morning) stove in the kitchen, and nothing else, and got much more heat with much less work.

Charlie Self

"I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." George Carlin

Reply to
Charlie Self

inspiration for those that don't live near them..................neener...;-)

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

Wow, lots of inspiration. I looked at the Mission catalog because I have on my list to build a bedroom set. The catalog is 132 pages of Mission pieces they build/sell! Lots of good ideas for what I need. Thanks for the reference. For others who didn't look at the link, they also have a large catalog of traditional furniture, modern, French, plus others in addition to the Mission. The catalogs are all large and have pieces for throughout the house.

Reply to
Larry C in Auburn, WA