Zugzwang

Because of the Swen Worm problems I'm going back to scrambling my email addy.

Apologies in advance for whatever difficulties this creates in contacting me.

I'm left with no good moves.

Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

I'd like to do that too - anyone know how to do it with Outlook Express?

Reply to
Rob Bowman

Express?

Tools, accounts, properties, general tab - change the email to whatever makes your boat float. Try something like snipped-for-privacy@microsoft.com or snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net or...

Reply to
Frank Nakashima

whatever makes your boat float. Try something like snipped-for-privacy@microsoft.com or snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net or...

... or FreeComputerConsultancy@HonestFrank's.com !

Thanks for the tip.

Reply to
Rob Bowman

Did you mean Zugzwag? A condition where you have to do something, but everything you can do is bad for you. Direct usage is applied to chess.

Myx

Reply to
Myxylplyk

Tom, Please excuse this post... I never used the term zugzwang nor had i seen it written. The only form of the word i ever was exposed to was in chess books where it did not have the 'n'. After Googling, i withdraw my comment.

Myx

Reply to
Myxylplyk

!!

Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

???

Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

Glad to see you back to being a "cabinetmaker" ... I can stop worrying now. ;>)

Reply to
Swingman

No, it's 'Zugzwang'.

That would be 'Zwickmühle' (double row/mill). 'Zugzwang' just means that you are forced to do something.

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Jordan

Three syllables, accent on the first.

German Z is pronounced like English TS. German W is pronounced like English V. To pronounce the German ü, form your lips as if to say O but say E instead. A terminal E in German is a 'schwa' sound ("uh").

So it should come out sounding somewhere between tsvick-meel-uh and tsvick-mool-uh.

No, it's just an "in-between" move, waiting for your opponent to do something so you can drop a hammer on him.

Doug Miller