Door hardware question

Reply to
Bob Bowles

I have seen on double opening doors, hardware where the primary door opens with a standard door set, and the secondary door handle opens the locking pin set on the top and bottom of the door.

What is that type of hardware called and where can you get them?

Reply to
ddinc

Don't know what it is called either but you can get it at Southern Lumber in San Jose, CA.

Reply to
George

Lever activated flush bolts or something similar sounding. Some call them surface bolts.

Start here.

Might want to go here.

comes the real question. Do you realize you'll have to mortise them/it into the edge of the door and fill in the mortise? There's a bit of doing to doing this.

UA100, who has had his fill of doing door schedules for the next decade...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I realize the installation process. That is no big deal to what the hardware has to offer. I will just glue a 1/4" solid over the rod.

I still have not found the hardware....

Reply to
ddi

>Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

What you are looking for is called an "Automatic Flush Bolt". Here is a link to an example:

They are not easy to install.

Tom D.

dd> I have seen on double opening doors, hardware where the primary door

Reply to
Tom