Bosch integrated dishwashers - standard door size?

I am looking at a Bosch SGV57T03GB integrated dishwasher to replace my old washer that is not cleaning anymore. Does anyone know if there are standard door sizes on dishwashers? As we cannot find one in the local shops.
Camulodonum's finest wrote:

Are you talking about the add-on wooden/MDF door which matches the rest of your kitchen? If so, then yes; and I'm not sure what 'local shops' you're looking at, but you need to approach the supplier of the original kitchen for a matching door.
David
On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 18:51:54 GMT, Lobster

Trouble is we don't know who made the kitchen. It was fitted in the house by previous owners and is one of these 'bespoke' ones
Hi
'Full size' dishwashers are a nominal 600mm width. You then get a full height, 600mm wide door from your kitchen unit supplier and it fastens to the front of the diswasher using 'hidden' brackets so visitors can never find it or the bread knife inside it!
Not sure where you are, but most John Lewis brances have examples in their display kitchens, as do Magnets, In Toto, etc and the Alno showroom in Hounslow.
HTH IanC
On 2 Jan 2005 11:53:13 -0800, clowes snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Thanks for the help. What I am trying to find out is if the oak door on the front of our current dishwasher will go onto a new one. The width I am sure is standard but the height? The current oak door is 71cm high and fixes onto a 61cm actual dishwasher door is this a standard size or do I have to try and find a new matching facia door?
On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 21:50:20 +0000, Camulodonum's finest

Some dishwashers require full door panels. This is where the controls are hidden on the top edge and looks completely like a door when closed.
Some have the control panel on the front and require a 3/4 ish door below in place of the usual white panel on a standard dishwasher.
Some also have adjustable facias, so that the gab between the top of the false front and bottom of the control panel can be hidden\filled.
I would measure your door and have a look at dishwashers to see what it would fit. You'd probably be better off going to an independent distributor who might actually know how these things are fitted rather than the 'mainline' electrical stores who could struggle with identifying a dishwasher.
--

SJW

Yes, they are standard, nominally 72cm high and 60cm wide. Every integrated dishwasher I've seen has the kitchen door go considerably below the metal front. The top edge goes flush with the worktop minus a few mm. The bottom should match the other doors/drawers in the kitchen. Therefore, the height of the door is set by that to match the kitchen.
Christian.