Woodturning Skew Chisel Question

Uphill or downhill?
Thanks,

The latter.
B.
says...

Thanks, Buddy.

rec.crafts.woodturning

Downhill, in most cases, round off the edges of the blade so they don't hang up on any nicks in the tool rest..
Oval skews rule..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

File and sand the tool rest.

..

On the other hand, Alan Lacer opinion on Oval skews....evil grin
http://www.alanlacer.com/headstock/images/tuningroundskew.jpg
http://www.alanlacer.com/headstock/images/useforovalskew.jpg
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org

LOL!!
ABC = Anchor, Bevel, Cut

If you were Lancer you could use a 9 iron...

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

If he were a Lancer, he'd have a long stick with a pointy end and would not need a 9 iron. :o)
OTOH, I've turned some teensie stuff with a big nail.

snipped-for-privacy@davisbajasplinters.com says...

I try to lightly grind my chisel and spindle gouges, but I keep getting a burr. Any suggestions?
Thanks,

Take a stone to the burr. Or not. The burr will be gone after the first rotation.

Hard to say without knowing your sharpening equipment and technique..
Most turners produce a small burr when sharpening and just go with it.. I'm starting to home my gouges more now.. tapered round diamond hone does it in about 3 passes and can also be renewed a bit with the same hone..
On scrapers, you use the burr to cut with..