Wooden Drawer Pulls

I'm looking for ideas (already DAGS) for wooden drawer pulls for a maple table I'm working on.

I don't want a round lathe turned pull, but something rectangular. I am going to use a dark contrasting wood.

Any ideas?

Reply to
stoutman

picture of table in ABPW.

Reply to
stoutman

I love the color of oiled walnut. I just oiled up a piece I finished today, AAMOF.

Dave

Reply to
David

Dave,

I' actually looking for design ideas, not the wood type. I wasn't very clear in my OP. Sorry.

My tables to date have all had purchased metal drawer pulls. I wanna make my own this time. I don't own a lathe so I cant (nor do I think I want one) make a round pull.

I have seen Marks make a few neat ones, but I cant remember the actual design.

-Thanks

Reply to
stoutman

I'll post to APBW a pull that I made a run of for a job.

Reply to
bridger

If you care for the look achieved by that techniqure: Take a cherry or locust branch of suitable thickness, split in half, remove bark, plane split surface, chamfer edges, put a small flat surface opposite the split face, be happy.

Reply to
Juergen Hannappel

I often save small, gnarly pieces of whatever to make such. Often resaw, book match and glue to a back up piece (to increase thickness as necessary).

Made my wife a suite of hickory office furniture a while back and used hickory for all pulls. They are 3" x 1 1/8" mounted via a brass insert in the back for a 10x24 bolt.

Made them in this manner... ripped a length of 3/4" thick stock to 1 1/8 wide coved both back edges with 3/8 radius cove bit ripped a 45 degree bevel on both long top edges leaving about 1/8" uncut vertical ripped a 45 degree bevel down the center to match edge bevels cut into pieces of proper length coved and beveled cut ends so thay are same as long sides put brass insert into back of each. They look nice...stylish.

Actually, I cheated a bit on the center bevel...I ripped it each way slightly off center so that it looks like a "W" but with the center "V" lower. Since our last name begins with "W" my wife now has monogrammed pulls :)

-- dadiOH ____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

Could you please repost the picture of your drawer pull. I was unable to view it.

Thanks.

Reply to
stoutman

ok, how about this:

David

will do. if you still have problems with it, ping me at bridgerb(at)cox(dot)net and I'll email it to you.

Reply to
bridger