Child's drawer pulls

We are on the downhill run to having our first baby. We've completed the room, and are getting close on furnishings. I've refinished a couple of "old" but neat designed chest of drawers (one for the changing table). We liked the looks of these rather than buying new "junk" or building something from scratch. I already had these two in the basement after having stripped off the finish. To make a long story shorter, I would like to find some "children's" style drawer pulls to make them relate to the baby theme. I know if I wasn't looking for them, they would be in every catalog I opened, but I don't seem to be finding them. I've looked at Rocklers, Woodcraft, the Borg, and Menards, but nothing. I just thought it would be neat to Jazz them up a little. Thanks for all replies!

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
toolmiser

We found lots of child-appropriate pulls at The Great Indoors, of all places. Lots of animals, sun, moon, stars...you name it. Warning...they weren't cheap, as I remember (that was over 4 years ago).

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

Gee, I thought this might be a Michael Jackson thread. I'm glad it's not. (Sorry, just had to do it.)

Try these stores/sites/catalogs:

Lowes has a pretty good selection which you can handle.

shown online and in their Hardware catalog

DO be sitting down to check prices.

- - - Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever. ---

Website Application Programming for YOU!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Bwaaahahaha! Did anyone happen to catch Jay Leno's monologue last night? He zapped that little cretin again.

Talked about MJ's new product endorsement deal with Coppertone Sun Tan lotion.

You;ll recall that the legit product used to have a little girl in a bathing suit with a cocker spaniel pulling on it exposing the tan line on her buttocks? Well, the bottle Leno showed last night had a little boy with Jackson's teeth pulling off his suit.

Priceless! Now if we could just get MJ to go swimming in shark infested waters - or use him to test replica Louisville Sluggers (just to keep this almost on topic)

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Haven't seen the drawers, but how about making some from children's alphabet blocks ....

toolmiser wrote:

Reply to
No-One

Reply to
nospambob

D Lawless Hardware (I love these guys) have a "few". I saw soccer balls, baseballs and hot air ballon.

SonomaProducts.com

I just bought a bunch of Kid Styled pulls from wwhardware.com.

See:

Patrick Conroy

Check at Lowe's if you have one close. I was walking through one the other day with my wife. As we passed the cabinet hardware displays she grabbed me and said "look at these aren't they cute?". She was talking about the kid style pulls in the display there. The thing is, we don't have any kids at home now so I don't know where she wanted me to use them. I'm not putting them on my tool box!!

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

That's an *excellent* idea!