Woodcraft 10% off all power tools Saturday 9/11/2005

The website says just DeWalt, but the Woodcraft in Raleigh NC has ALL power tools 10% off this Saturday. I'm gettin' me a big 'ol bandsaw.

Reply to
ringo

A good time to get that 18" Rikon. You'll like it.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Ha ha, that's exactly what I'm buying... to replace an old saw with 6" resaw capacity. I've got some really nice 10-11" curly maple, zebrawood, and figured walnut that's waited patiently for around a year to be resawn into veneer and guitar back/side sets. Their time has come.

Reply to
ringo

I bought the 18" Rikon from my local Woodcraft during the last 10% off sale. I absolutely love that bad boy. It's a very well built and designed bandsaw and for the money, it really can't be beat. I compared to the same size Deltas and Jets and thought the Rikon was a much better saw - and a much better value. Couldn't justify the extra expense for a Minimax or a Laguna. I put a 1/2" Wood Slicer blade from Highland Hardware on it and was amazed at the quality of the thin slices of veneer I was able to pull off a slab of figured cherry. My Woodcraft had about 4 of these in the back for delivery. I asked them if they sold a lot of them and the reply was "only when we have this sale."

Gary > > r> >

resaw capacity. I've got some really nice 10-11" curly maple, zebrawood, and figured walnut that's waited patiently for around a year to be resawn into veneer and guitar back/side sets. Their time has come.

Reply to
Gary A in KC

Reply to
George Max

That doesn't surprise me; it's the most underrated band saw I've seen in a store. It's also the most bang for the buck in an under $1000 bandsaw. I never would have given it a second glance had it not been for Fine Woodworking's rating of it (the 18" saw) as a Best Buy. I'd never heard of Rikon.

I'm very happy with mine. If I had to do it all over again, I'd still buy it.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN