wood (word)working puzzle

Today's cryptogram in the paper was bad as usual --- but woodworking related:

ypamddf eame eab qnns qmtp'e sbfs bpnyra, eab wmxdbpebx jp wamxrb jttybs m xbtemjpjpr nxsbx.

e = t. Enjoy - (solving on the puter isn't as fun! :) )

Reply to
ts

I thinkthat the 6th word, "sbfs", is supposed to be "sfbs".

I haven't solved one of these in a long time, and I wouldn't have worked on this one, except it was supposed to be on topic.

I wasn't disappointed in my expectation of a "corny" quote.

Incidently, this is the first time I tried to solve one on Notepad. I started with two copies of the orginal string and make a database as I went along, replacing lowercase letters by capitals in the 2nd string and writing "e = T" in my database.

This turned out to be easier than just a pencil and paper. To "backup" I could just copy and paste from the first string.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Shouldn't that 'sbfs' be 'sbms' ?

Reply to
Phil Kangas

"Phil Kangas" wrote in news:kmhf9l$btp$1@dont- email.me:

yeah checked it 2x. -- proofreading is like measuring. I cut it twice and it's still too short.

Reply to
ts

"Phil Kangas" wrote in news:kmhf9l$btp$1@dont- email.me:

yeah checked it 2x. -- proofreading is like measuring. I cut it twice and it's still too short.

Reply to
ts

ts wrote in news:XnsA1BBB973C70C9dontenenthinkaboutit@

69.16.185.250:

You have a typo.

"sbfs" should be "sfbs".

Reply to
Doug Miller

unhappy that the food wasn t deyd enough the carpenter in charge issued ypamddf eame eab qnns qmtp'e sbfs bpnyra, eab wmxdbpebx jp wamxrb jttybs

a restaining order m xbtemjpjpr nxsbx.

Reply to
mungedaddress

Geez. I took the Neander route and it worked just fine. I used *a* notepad (lower case). I did almost get a paper cut; no SawStop on my desk.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

Food? None of thems woodworkers know how to speel.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny