Water not as hot as usual

The last few mornings I've noticed a lack of hot water. My gas hot water heater is set on high and usually holds out fine for at least 2 showers. The last few mornings, however, the water doesn't seem to be near as hot and runs out quicker.

It's a sears model, built in 1988 I believe. There are no leaks or anything around it, but that's as far as my inspection went.

Andy

Reply to
ashroyer

Sounds like the dip tube might be a possibility. Check your faucet strainers for small white plastic pieces.

Reply to
Tom Lachance

Built in 1988, 18 years old, I know what I would do, if it were my house. I'd just replace it now. Typical life for gas water heaters is

10-13 years. And when they fail, it can be ugly.
Reply to
trader4

yaeh time for a new tank, yours is way past its normal life.

if you have a sears service store near you, its likely closing and if they have a tank its 1/3 off, buddy got a 12 year warrant tank for 260 bucks, now thats a real bargain. the stores are closing march 15th so dont wait

Reply to
hallerb