Wood motorcycle "saddlebags"?

Not just Brits, but bikers everywhere. I few years back I was traveling to London every other week for a few months. I usually had a day to myself when I arrived and I always wanted to make the Bike museum one of my daytrips. I was always sorry that I didn't once my traveling came to an end. Now I am regret it even more.
-Chris
Take a look here for inspiration...
Not saddlebags, but quilts, caps, and jackets made from wood. A must see.
http://home1.gte.net/fraser /
replying to dan, O-B-1 wrote:

I saw a pair of wood saddlebags on a HD here in Tri-Cities Washington. They looked GOOD...
I was thinking making some of side panels of thin plywood, then use steam-shaped veneer around top/front/rear/bottom. Epoxy them all together. Then wrap them in leather so I have leather "hard bags".
As for durability? Have you seen the stock plastic saddle bags on the Internet for sale after being down on the pavement? Not pretty, but they still want $800 a pair after they've been thrashed...
I would say go for it if you haven't yet. The set I saw on the HD looked like red cedar or redwood...
O-B-1
I have made a set for my vtx 1300 and auto clear is best.. hold up to vibrations vary well and have had them on the bike for 3 years I would post a pic but will not let me
wrote in message

You can post photos to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
John Grossbohlin wrote:

The best and easiest method is to use imgur,just put the jpg into imgur and post the resultant URL,bit of learning curve but it is not hard.