Wood Filler Recommendations

Reply to
nospambob

I am getting ready to put down some oak quarter-rounds, which I plan to stain and varnish with satin poly. However, I have never been too thrilled with the wood fillers that my local Home Depot sells, which is a Borden brand. The filler is for, of course, filling the nail holes.

Can anyone give me a recommendation on the best wood filler for this application. Any advice on doing a first class job would be appreciated, too.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

Reply to
Dave W

how about colored wax sticks....mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide

Famowood solvent based "fir" color works well with red oak.

Reply to
Rumpty

Reply to
Mark