Why does Gorilla glue suck?

I tried the glue on the liner of my eyeglass case. I moistened one side and gorilla the opposite side. I clamped the 2 sides together. I thought great! The next morning the liner popped open and came right apart. Gorilla glue is deficient! Im very disappointed. 😕

Reply to
nancy

Were both surfaces clean? Moistened with what?

Reply to
Michael Trew

Moisture is just a catalyst, it takes almost none (a plant mister will do) What you need for a good bond, is to wet both surfaces with the glue (doesn't take much) rather than with water (especially, water changes the dimension of wood, so will guarantee a bad bond). Then mist the glue and clamp the parts together.

Reply to
whit3rd

Gorilla Glue makes many types of glue. I have never had an issue with any Gorilla brand glue when used as intended and as instructed.

Reply to
Leon

No moistening required with Gorilla Wood PVA glue or Gorilla super glue.

Reply to
Leon

all i can say is gorilla glue sucks ! nor iuser friendly in terms or workability or clean up and the dispenser top is also poorly designed

Reply to
kdowney1966

Well once you learn to use the product, and the proper Gorilla product, it becomes much easier to use.

Gorilla glue for wood, similar to Tite Bond I, II, and III is simple to use.

Reply to
Leon

Everything and I do mean everything has completely failed from their tape to their glue .... everything....it use to be the best stuff on the shelf....now I'll never buy it again

Reply to
Dave7091

When was it the best? Never actually!

Reply to
Markem618

There's nothing wrong with the tape AFAIAC.

Maybe it's user error?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

There is actually nothing wrong with their "wood glue". The wood glue that is like Elmers wood glue, and Titebond wood glue.

Reply to
Leon