Wood Glue Question

We are anticipating a production line assembly of wood boxes. All sides, top and bottom assembled at once then the sides/ends cut to create a lid to be hinged. This make a "no run" glue important.

To prevent glue "runs" during assembly I have tried Titebond molding and trim glue which up front is great for the no run aspect but will it hold is still out. Elmers Probond is a real disappointment in that cured it remains gummy, unable to scrape and hell to sand.

These are butt joints, end grain to side grain with red oak. Not structural or exposed to water.

Several years ago a friend in the commercial cabinet business showed me some "pink stuff" that he had been given by a salesman. He spread it on a edge joint with ash clamped and waited 5 minutes. When whacked on a table the ash broke with the grain but the joint held. I think he told me the cost was 50/60 dollars a gallon. Alas he retired and I haven't been in touch since. Any thoughts/comments?

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Digger

I have used it when I needed no dripping. It has worked fine. Any glue on the market is a safe bet to hold properly.

Reply to
Wade Lippman

I've never seen anything that would hold in end grain like the FastCaps superglue.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard