Which bandsaw...

Hi,

I am looking to buy a smallish bandsaw with around 6-8" depth of cut. I have seen the Axminster AWESBS here:

the Jet JWBS-12 here:

am looking for something that will last and is high quality - I would happily sacrifice the bigger capacity of the Axminster one if the Jet was a much better made machine.

Any advice, or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Reuben

Reply to
reubenwilcock

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote at Wednesday 01 August 2007 00:44:

the height of upper band guide, nor other similar details. You see, about a year ago I bought a band saw of about respective size and soon noticed an annoying problem when using it.

The device produces some sawdust, which appears to dig into all possible locations, specifically places causing lots of problems. In this specific device, the most annoying place happened to be this handy cogwheel vs. toothed bar system designed to easily and accurately define the height of upper band guide. Well, nowadays it works well since I removed both toothed parts and used simply a bolt with an ear nut instead (the system is still handy enough, for me at least ;-). The problem was caused by some sawdust cutting in between those teeth and jamming the whole adjustment.

So please look carefully for all possible places into where produced sawdust can collect to, and if this can cause problems. If so, it helps if these places are easily accessible for maintenance.

Regards, Rane

Reply to
Rauno Veijola