Grizzly 6" Jointer G1182HW

Anyone have any experience with this machine? Good or bad? I am considering buying one used with a mobile base for $350, looks in good shape from the pictures. Is this a good price? Any advise of what to look for when I check it out?

Thanks for your help,

Reply to
dabears525

It's roughly $500 new iirc, so not a great deal, but if it's local, there's the shipping savings as well...

Others can comment if actually used one...

Check that it sounds good -- shouldn't be real noisy indicative of cutterhead/motor bearings, etc.

Run some material through it and see that it can make a tight fitting (no light) joint on two pieces when mated. Failing that can simply mean a knife adjustment problem, but could be indicative of table alignment. If it doesn't work well as is, unless you have the tools and expertise to assess the table alignment, I'd walk...

--

Reply to
dpb