Where to buy magnets

Let is sit for a month. It should leak off. Very educational to take one apart once it's dead. Magnetrons are just plain cool looking, 1950s retro, like a prop from Forbidden Planet. Just an empty can with two very strong ring magnets on either end, yet it cooks perfect rice in

25 minutes.

There's a HUGE high current low voltage transformer in there feeding the death ray. Don't f*ck with it. It's even more lethal than the magnetron. Makes a nice bookend.

Don't bother putting the oven back together, because it's designed to die whenever a consumer does something amazingly stupid with a source of flesh-roasting em radiation, like opening it up.

Reply to
Father Haskell

I get my 1/2" R.E. magnets at the local hardware store for less than a buck apiece.

Tanus

Reply to
Tanus

IIRC, someone, or some magazine mentioned a year or few back, using "cow magnets" from local feed or ag store to align jointer blades. (Cow magnets are round, about 1/2"D by 2 or 2 1/2" long. They feed them to a cow to attract and hold any wire, etc. that may get ingested.)

Reply to
Nahmie